
This past week I have finished two great books. One is called The Year Of Fog, by Michelle Richmond and The Reader by Bernhard Schlink.
The Year of Fog took me on the journey of a woman who was on the search of her soon to be step daughter, whom disappears off a beach, during her watch. It was a highly emotional book, and left me wanting more. You saw everything through the eyes of Abby, the main character. In a way, I didnt sympathize with her because I didnt understand how she could love a child almost more than the parent. I dont know if it was more guilt or true pure love...
The Reader was an incredible, quick read. It took you through the life of a 15 year old named Micheal who by chance meets this woman, Hannah, more than twice his age. Theirs is a strange, disconnected love story. One day, she disappears and Micheal sees her years later while she is on trial, for what? I'm not going to tell you. But, like someone made me promise, do NOT skip ahead to the last chapter... that would ruin everything.
On a complete side note, Mickey Rourke used to be a very good looking guy, (see the movie Spun)... what in the world happened to his face in the Wrestler???

No comments:
Post a Comment